Are you a young professional aspiring to start a career as a teaching assistant? If yes, you’ll need to write the Parapro assessment test to qualify. The test consists of different subjects, but one subject that stands out for most people is ParaPro math. It’s easy to assume that math is too difficult if you don’t prepare adequately. However, adequate preparation means that you can simply glide through the test irrespective of difficulty levels. But, what do you expect from the ParaPro math test, and how do you prepare for it? Let’s find out in this article.
Is the ParaPro Math Test Difficult?
This is one question professionals often ask when preparing for the ParaPro assessment test. Unfortunately, there’s no one correct answer to the question since different people perceive the difficulty levels differently. Of course, math is a core subject, and everyone sitting for the test must encounter it.
Despite the varying opinion on the difficulty level of the ParaPro test, many test-takers consider it problematic. But you don’t have to worry about this trend, as long as you are ready to put in the work needed to prepare for the test. Adequate preparation can make all parts of the test easy. If you are ready to put in the work needed to prepare for this test, here are some aspects to focus your efforts on.
- ParaPro Math Formulas: Like many other mathematical problems, the questions in the ParaPro math test require formulas to solve. There are so many topics to cover and so many formulas to remember. Therefore, we recommend dedicating more time to studying various mathematical formulas and concepts while preparing for the test. Fortunately, you can find these formulas and their interpretations in modern study materials, so it’ll not be challenging to learn how to apply them to solve questions.
- Consistently Solving Math Problems: While preparing for the ParaPro math test, you’ll hear different opinions about the difficulty level of the questions. None of this news should discourage you. Instead, it should encourage you to study better. While studying for the test, dedicate enough time to solving as many math problems as you can. This way, you can familiarize yourself with the question structure before entering the test hall. You might even find a few questions in the test being repeated from previous years.
- Study Different Math Topics: We cannot overemphasize the need to study. While studying, don’t limit yourself to a few simple topics. Go the extra way to also study topics that are out of your comfort zone. Remember, no amount of study is too much. If you spend quality time studying and touching across different areas in mathematics, you will become familiar with different math topics and how to solve them.
How Many Math Questions are on the ParaPro Test?
The math question section of any ParaPro test would consist of 30 questions. Generally, you are expected to answer 90 questions throughout the ParaPro test. These questions are divided into three categories;
Each of the categories carries 30 questions. In addition to the number of questions you should expect, here are some other things to note about the ParaPro math test.
- You’ll have about 30 minutes to finish each section of the test. With 30 questions in the math section, this average time limit leaves you with one minute to answer each question. You’ll have to find a way to calculate each question and provide the answer within one minute.
- Time management is essential, especially while in the math section. Act fast and smart with every question. Don’t waste too much time on a question you don’t know. You can always come back to these questions when you are done answering the ones you are sure of.
- Calculators are not accepted during your math test. You’ll be penalized for it when caught. Every calculation done in this section is done on a worksheet provided by the examination body.
What Kind of Math Questions are on the ParaProfessional Test?
Yes, the ParaProfessional exam is designed to test the abilities and skill set of people looking to become teaching assistants, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be skilled in other areas. In fact, the exam body expects paraprofessionals to be widely vast in many areas, and that’s why you must answer questions spanning different math topics during the test. Some of the math topics to expect questions from include:
- Basic Algebra
- Number and Quantity
- Data Interpretation
Although you are advised to study wide, we recommend focusing more on these topics as most of the math questions are picked from them. The whole concept of solving complex math questions without calculators is birthed out of the idea that critical thinking helps you become a better teaching assistant to students with math challenges.
How to Prepare for the ParaPro Math Test?
It’s normal to see people worry about the possibility of passing the ParaPro math test. After all, the questions are relatively difficult, and the time limit makes it even more challenging to calculate and answer all questions in this section. However, adequate preparation can make the test easier for you. Apart from learning the topics in the test syllabus, adequate preparation also helps you acquaint yourself with the test structure and what to expect.
Unfortunately, many people do not know how to adequately prepare for the ParaPro math test, and that’s why we’ve dedicated this section to explaining tips that can help. Follow these tips to adequately prepare for the ParaPro math test.
Choose a Study Source/Program
With several different study materials available today, the options are limitless for potential professionals looking to pass the ParaPro test. Irrespective of your study habits, or assimilation ability, you’ll find suitable study materials for you. Ensure that the material you are using is both reliable and comprehensive enough to cover all topics. Fortunately, there are online materials that you can access from the comfort of your home. Depending on your learning style, you can either use comprehensive textbooks on the ParaPro math test or sign up with online study centers that provide you with the necessary materials.
Often, we hear about people failing math because they see it as a burden. Being scared of math doesn’t help you. Instead, it makes assimilation more difficult. Start by embracing the subject as a friend and not an enemy. Assure yourself from the onset that you can handle any problem. While this mindset may not necessarily make math questions less difficult, it gives you the courage to study any topic without ruling off the possibility of understanding. If you cannot get the fear of math off your mind, consider talking to a counselor.
This one’s a no-brainer. Nobody passes a difficult exam without adequate study. ParaPro math test is typically difficult, and you’ll need more study to pass. Don’t wait until a few days before the test to begin studying. Instead, create a study schedule from the start and stick to it. Consult other professionals for help where possible. This way, you’ll be able to cover all the topics before the actual test date.
Study Mathematical Formulas
You’ll meet lots of questions that will need mathematical formulas. Not studying these formulas beforehand is setting yourself up for failure. While preparing for the test, study and memorize as many math formulas as you can. These formulas would help you keep to time and answer questions correctly.
Take Practice Tests
The only way to ensure you’re doing an excellent job with your ParaPro math practice is by taking math tests. These test questions are designed to help you know your progress level. Most study materials contain practice questions after every topic. You can also download practice tests and answers online to help you study more efficiently.
Form or Join Study Groups
There are so many benefits of joining a study group as you prepare for your ParaPro math test. Apart from learning new perspectives, study groups help you learn faster. Other professionals can help you walk through challenging hurdles. However, remember that different study groups are built differently. Choose a group that prioritizes studying to socializing. You can also find study groups online through platforms like Facebook.
Wrapping Things Up: What Kind of Math is on the ParaPro Test?
There you have it, a detailed look at what to expect from the math section of the ParaPro test. Things can get scary sometimes for anybody causing you to worry about the possibilities of passing the test. However, you shouldn’t worry because the information in this article would help you prepare better for it. With 30 quantitative questions expected in the maths section, you’ll need to devise a means to spend minimum time on each question. Remember to read the questions carefully and skip the ones you can’t answer. You can always come back to them if you still have sufficient time after answering the other question.
If you found this post helpful, you’re definitely going to like our other financial and professional books here.