If you are looking ahead to the 2022 AP exam dates, then we got you covered. We have listed the important AP test dates you should take note of while also providing you relevant tips on how to study for the AP exams to get a high score of a 4 or 5.
Read on and keep track of all of these dates while taking our advice to come out with a 5 in your AP exams.
Looking for the best AP review books for this year’s exams? Check out our comprehensive guides here.
2022 AP Exam Dates and Schedule
All of the 2022 AP exam dates are scheduled in two weeks starting from May 2 and ending on May 13. Of course, you will have the weekend to prepare for the second week of the AP exams. There are also late-testing dates scheduled after the first two weeks.
Week 1 of Advanced Placement Exams
|Week 1||Morning |
May 2, 2022
|· Japanese Language and Culture||· Chemistry|
May 3, 2022
|· Environmental Science||· Psychology|
May 4, 2022
|· English Literature and Composition||· Comparative Government and Politics|
May 5, 2022
|· Human Geography||· Seminar|
May 6, 2022
|· European History||· Art History|
|· 8 pm – Deadline of submission of digital portfolios for AP 2-D Art and Design, 3-D Art and Design, and Drawing|
· Last day to gather 2-D Art and Design and Drawing students for physical portfolio assembly
Week 2 of Advanced Placement Exams
|Week 2||Morning |
May 9, 2022
|· Calculus AB||· Computer Science Principles |
· Italian Language and Culture
May 10, 2022
|· English Language and Composition||· Physics C: Mechanics||· Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism|
May 11, 2022
|· Chinese Language and Culture|
· Spanish Language and Culture
May 12, 2022
|· French Language and Culture||· Physics 1: Algebra-Based|
May 13, 2022
|· German Language and Culture · Music Theory||· Latin|
· Physics 2: Algebra Based
Week 3 of Advanced Placement Exams (Late)
|Week 3||Morning |
May 17, 2022
May 18, 2022
|Chemistry||Comparative Government and Politics|
Spanish Literature and Culture
May 19, 2022
|Chinese Language and Culture|
German Language and Culture
Japanese Language and Culture
May 20, 2022
|Calculus AB||European History|
Italian Language and Culture
Overview of AP Exam Fees
|*AP Exam Fees|
|AP Capstone: AP Seminar and AP Research||$143|
|Late-testing||$40 per exam in addition to the exam fee|
|*Based on the 2021 fees and may change|
How to Register for the AP Exams
- For those enrolled in AP classes
You can register for the AP exams through your school. You have to ask your school’s AP coordinator as it is their job to coordinate with the College Board and to handle anything related to the AP exam registration process.
- For those homeschooled or those who do not have AP classes in their school (self-studying)
For homeschooled students and for those attending schools without AP classes, you can still take the AP exams by coordinating with any nearby school participating in the AP. Contact AP services and ask for the names of any local participating AP schools that accommodate outside students. You can also ask them for the contact information of those schools’ AP coordinator for more information. The registration process will be the same as if you were attending the accommodating host school. Also, the host school will be administering the AP tests for you instead of your own school.
AP Exam Study Tips
Now that you already know the 2022 AP exam dates relevant to you, it might be time for you to start preparing for the test. If you do not know where to start, here are some AP exam study tips you might want to consider:
- Diligently take notes during your AP classes. By taking AP courses in your school, you have bound yourself to the possibility that you will be taking the AP exams. In that case, you do not want to waste your time and money in classes doing nothing. Instead, take notes. Listen to your teacher and write down any relevant information you see or listen to.If your note-taking cannot keep up with everything your teacher says, it might be best for you to write down a few words or certain phrases that could trigger your memory of that topic. The most important part here is that you do your part in listening to the teacher. As long as you did that, even three or four words in your notes will be enough to trigger that memory.
- Start studying early for your AP exam prep. As soon as you have taken note of the 2022 AP exam schedule and have decided which one of those you are planning to take, study. It is always best to start studying early so that you will not end up cramming a few weeks before the AP exams. Studying early allows you to pace yourself instead of rushing through your books and notes.Also, the good thing about studying early is that you can afford to study smart. That means that you do not have to spend a lot of time during the day reading through your notes. Instead, you can allot about an hour or two of productive study hours a day while it is still early.
- Use the best AP review books. There are a lot of high-quality and proven AP review books on the market. Use some of those books so that you do not have to use your textbooks all over again. The best AP review books will be able to help improve your chances of getting a 5 in your AP exams without having to let you go through hundreds or even thousands of textbook pages.However, since it can be difficult to take your pick because of how there are dozens of AP review books to choose from, do your research first and see which one of them best fits your needs and your personal preferences. It is best for you to go get one review book that would serve as your main reference and one or two complementary materials. Here are a few of the most popular AP review books:CliffsNotes AP English Language and Composition, 5th Edition
- Swovelin, Barbara V. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 320 Pages - 01/08/2019 (Publication Date) - Cliffs Notes (Publisher)
Last update: 2021-07-22On SaleCracking the AP Calculus AB Exam 2020, Premium Edition: 6 Practice Tests + Complete Content Review (College Test Preparation)
- The Princeton Review (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 752 Pages - 08/06/2019 (Publication Date) - Princeton Review (Publisher)
Last update: 2021-07-22On SaleCampbell Biology (Campbell Biology Series)
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to work properly. The product will have minor blemishes and/or light scratches. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box.
- Hardcover Book
- Urry, Lisa (Author)
Last update: 2021-07-22On SaleCracking the AP U.S. History Exam 2020, Premium Edition: 5 Practice Tests + Complete Content Review + Proven Prep for the NEW 2020 Exam (College Test Preparation)
- The Princeton Review (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 576 Pages - 12/17/2019 (Publication Date) - Princeton Review (Publisher)
Last update: 2021-07-23
- Plot your AP study schedule early. Making your own study schedule is a good way of preparing for the AP exam because you will be able to set your goals on a daily or weekly basis depending on your pacing and study habits. The important part here is that your study schedule should be personal in the sense that it fits your needs since not all students have the same habits and learning curve.Also, always see to it that you are able to follow your study schedule diligently or else you might end up losing a lot of valuable time. This usually results in cramming just weeks or even days before the AP exams. However, in case something prevents you from following the schedule, make sure to make adjustments.
- Take breaks. The top students’ secret to success is to not let their brains burn out. That means that there is no reason for you to 10 straight hours studying through your notes and materials. In that case, take a few breaks once in a while. Your mind also needs to rest as much as your body does. Studying when your entire system is too tired will only lead to unproductive hours for you.Your study breaks do not have to be short. You can take days off to relax, watch movies, play games, and go out with your friends. When you feel like your mind and body are ready for the grind again, get back to work. You will notice how big of a difference breaks can make when it comes to your productivity as a student.
- Take care of your body and eat properly. In line with the previous tip, you should also make sure to take care of your body. Breaks and rests in between studying are important but so is proper nutrition. Do not neglect your body’s needs even though you are in the middle of an intense study session. Eat on a regular basis and do not forget to eat the proper types of food. That means that you should load up on some good carbs, healthy vegetables, and also vitamin-rich fruits. Your mind can only work at the top of its game if your body is well-fed and nourished.
- Manage your anxiety well. Anxiety is one of the toughest opponents any student faces when preparing for the AP exams. You simply cannot avoid obsessing about the things you need to learn or getting anxious about what kind of questions you will be encountering in the test. Often times, anxiety can take over and can help you lose valuable sleep.If you find it difficult to manage your anxiety, try to spend a few hours a day reflecting and de-stressing. You may want to go out and exercise to distract your mind. If physical activities are not your thing, try taking up a hobby such as cooking or gardening. You can even read a novel or a few magazines or even play video games. As long as it is an activity that takes your mind off the AP exams, it will surely help you manage your anxiety better.
- Always study with your AP goals in mind. When things get too tough and you find yourself hitting a rough patch, always remember why you want to take the AP exams in the first place. Everyone has specific goals and reasons for taking AP courses and AP exams. Whatever they are, keep them in mind while studying so that you will always be reminded of why you are making yourself go through that ordeal.One good way of doing so is to write your goals down on some pieces of paper and place them somewhere visible in your room so that you will be reminded of them as you wake up or as you read through your materials and notes. As long as you have your mind set on accomplishing your goals, there is no reason why you cannot get a 5 in the AP exams.
Did you find this helpful in figuring out when different 2022 test dates are for the APs? If so, share it with a friend!