When you’re heading off to high school, you want to make sure that you have the right tools and resources to help you along the way. And that’s going to mean resources for several different aspects of your education and your life. We’re going to talk about a number of different websites that you can use to help you learn everything from math and science to coding and how to study for your most important exams.
Each of these websites and systems is designed to help you get a little bit further ahead and better prepared. These study websites for students are designed to make sure that you can feel confident in each of your subjects and also so that you can get the most out of what education 2020 has to offer. Websites like Brightstorm, Cosmo Learning, Readworks, and more can be a great option, but we have even more that you should be checking out.
What Makes an Educational Website Helpful to a High School Student?
It’s essential to know the right educational websites for high school students to help you along with your studies. You want to make sure that you’re using high-quality sites that are actually going to improve your understanding of the different topics. So, just what should you be looking for when you’re trying to find a high-quality website for educational purposes?
1. Easy to find what you’re looking for. You want to be able to find the information that you actually need when you need it. So, if you’re looking at a math website, you want to be able to find the specific type of math (algebra, calculus, etc.) that you need help with.
2. Different ways to learn. You’ll want a website that gives you more than just one way to learn. For example, you want something that’s going to provide you with written content, video content, audio content, and maybe even games wherever possible.
The Best Math Educational Websites for High School Students
When it comes to math, there are many different types to consider. We’re going to look at useful websites for students that will help you with several of the areas that you might be studying. This way, you’ll be able to work on whatever you might be struggling with, and you can even get ahead of the class.
1. Wolfram Alpha – Looking for some of the best content you can possibly find, you’ll definitely love this site. It offers exercises as well as plenty of step-by-step solutions. And it’s related to any subject of math you might need.
2. Prodigy – This website is designed to make learning math more fun. It’s actually a game, and it’s tailored directly to you. That makes it easier for you to learn about the areas you need.
3. Projecteuler.net – Here, you’re going to have the ability to learn more about not just math but programming as well. And you’ll be able to learn from different, unique problems and examples that are intended to work by computer.
4. Math Playground – With this website, you’re going to have several games that will help you learn different math skills and apply them in a fun way. No more boring math lectures for you.
5. Math Overflow – Here, you’ll be able to ask different questions about things you have a problem with. You’ll also be able to find more information about various theorems and more.
6. ProofWiki – This website, part of Wikipedia, provides you with a full listing of different mathematical proof. You’ll be able to search for different proofs, or you can just scan through all of them.
7. PhET Interactive Simulations – You can get more information about math as well as science, and it’s entirely free. The whole site was created by a Nobel laureate as well, so you know it’s high quality.
8. CanFigure It Geometry – Here, you’re going to find plenty of information about geometry, including worksheets, practice proofs, and video libraries. You’re going to have to pay for this one, but it’s going to get you quality.
The Best Science Study Websites for High School Students
Science is another area where many students can struggle, and that’s why it’s so important to find quality science websites for high school students to help. Science could refer to any number of different courses, so make sure that you are finding free educational websites that are designed to teach the specific areas you need. You might be looking for biology or chemistry, for example, or something else entirely.
9. CK-12 – You can learn a lot about different science subjects with this website. You can work on this website even on your phone or tablet, and you can also save different study materials that you decide to use in one location.
10. Discovery Education – If you want to be able to access digital textbooks, you’re going to have no problem doing precisely that here. This website gives you access to books on all different topics, including math and social studies as well. It’s even designed for students from K-12.
11. National Geographic Kids – You’ve likely heard of National Geographic because they provide a great deal of information about the world. With this website, you’ll be able to play games, watch videos, and learn more about all different areas of science.
12. YouTube Minute Physics – Want to learn more about physics but don’t have a whole lot of time to devote to the process? You’re definitely going to want to take a closer look at this channel that will break things down to make it even easier.
13. Edheads – Learn about different topics in science and math by having fun and playing a whole lot of games. You’ll even be able to try out virtual medical procedures.
14. Curiosity Machine – AI is becoming a whole lot more advanced, and it’s definitely a lot of fun when you can play around with it yourself. This website is going to give you the ability to join in with AI challenges and design problems that AI can solve.
15. The Exploratorium – You can learn a great deal at a museum, and this is an online museum that gives you access to information related to science, art, human perception, and a whole lot more. And you can engage in a range of different activities to try it out.
16. Science Kids – Test out different experiments, learn about animals and science facts, and even play games or compete in science fairs. You’re going to have a bit of everything when it comes to this website, and it’s all completely free.
The Best Grammar Review Websites for High School Students
Your high school teachers are going to be expecting you to have excellent grammatical skills. It’s not just your English teacher who is looking for you to know the right your or where to put different types of punctuation. Luckily, you don’t need to memorize everything yourself. There are educational websites for students to help you with that.
17. Bibme – If you’re not 100% confident on how to create your own bibliography or citations, you’re going to want a page that can help you. This one is designed to do precisely that, for free, and in any format that you might need.
18. Purdue OWL – You can learn a whole lot about formatting your citations and references pages and even get a little help through this website. You’ll also be able to find information and resources about how to write different types of papers, essays, and more.
19. Citation Machine – If you need help creating your citations, you’re definitely going to want to check out this website. It will help you churn out the right citations based on any references that you’ve used.
20. Free Rice – If you want to practice your grammar skills, this is a great website to do it at. You can actually choose from a range of different topics, but for every question that you get right, you donate rice to a country in need.
21. Quill – If you’re struggling a bit with your writing and your grammar (or one or the other), you can use this website to get a bit of help. It uses a range of different activities to make the subjects more exciting and help the content to stick.
22. Grammarly – For those who need a bit of help with grammar checking their assignments, this is a great website that will do the basics for you for free. If you need some more advanced assistance, you’re going to need to pay for the upgrade.
23. NoRedInk – You can get started with this website for free, but in order to get all of the features you’ll need to upgrade. Overall, it’s designed to help you improve your writing skills by doing just that, writing.
24. Turnitin – Your teachers might use this website to check your work and make sure that it doesn’t have any plagiarism, but you can actually do that too to make sure you’ve correctly cited all of your sources.
The Best History Review Websites for High School Students
Need a little help remembering some of those historical facts and timelines? Well then, you’re going to want to take a closer look at each of these research websites for high school students. They’re designed to help you learn new ways to remember important events and people throughout history, and some of them even make it fun to do.
25. Smithsonian Education – With this website, you’ll be able to learn more about just about everything, but especially about history. You can check out idea labs, articles, and a whole lot more, and you get to pick the topics that you want to learn about.
26. DocsTeach – You’re going to need to have research to back up a lot of things that you write about, and this website can help with that. It can also help you to explore different historical documents to learn more about their significance and what they really mean.
27. KidCitizen – You’re never too young for civic engagement, and that’s precisely what this website is all about. It’s going to help you learn more about civics, congress, and more in a way that’s interesting and interactive.
28. Library of Congress – You will be able to find just about anything you might need at the most extensive library in the world, and that’s precisely what this is. You’ll have access to digital collections, research centers, events, and a whole lot of information on just about anything that happens around the world.
29. Smithsonian’s History Explorer – Want to learn more about history? In a way that works for you? Well, this is going to help you with that because you can search for topics and then narrow things down by resource type, grade level, and more.
30. National Geographic Education – National Geographic has a great deal to teach, and that’s going to be even more apparent when you check out this website. You’ll find information on just about anything and everything, and you’re definitely going to enjoy reading through it too.
31. National Archives – Do you want to have access to as much historical information as possible? The national archives are definitely going to make that possible, and before you know it, you’re going to be knee-deep in content you can use for any research paper you need to write (not just history).
The Best Foreign Language Learning Educational Websites for High School Students
Studying a foreign language is required in most high schools in order to graduate, and you may want a little bit of help to get you along. So, these websites for high school students help you practice your foreign language skills, no matter what language you actually want to learn. And some of them are going to make those languages fun with games and more.
32. Duolingo – This website gives you access to some of the most common languages around the world and some of the most obscure (or even made up) languages. You’ll also be able to play along and compete in challenges on the website and on your mobile devices.
33. Memrise – Video clips and listening to real, native speakers of a language makes it a whole lot easier for you to learn the language and speak it fluently. That’s precisely what this website is all about. Plus, it gives you access to games that will help you learn.
34. Live Mocha – This free website gives you access to a range of different languages as well as to the mobile app so you can practice and learn on the go. You’ll also have access to common and a little less common languages while you’re at it. And you can learn as many as you want.
35. BBC.co.uk/languages – If you don’t mind a website that’s based out of the UK instead of the US, you can learn a whole lot of languages here. You get to choose the language you want to learn, and then you can check out courses, audio recordings, video recordings, grammar lessons, tests, and a whole lot more.
36. BUSUU – If you want to learn a little at a time, this is a great way to go, but you’re going to have to pay for the service. It’s designed to make things as simple as possible, and it does so by giving you daily language training on just about any language you might want to learn.
37. Verbling – Take a lesson with a native speaking teacher through a video chat with this system. You’re going to have access to a range of different languages and, if you want to earn money yourself, you can actually teach on the platform too.
38. FSI Language Courses – Take courses in languages from Arabic to Bengali to Spanish and a whole lot more. You’re not going to find an end to the courses you can take and the materials that are available to make it even easier on you.
The Best Sites to Learn to Code for High School Students
Coding is a great skill to learn when it comes to getting into college and getting a job. That’s why you may want to look into these websites that will help you whether you need a crash course on some more advanced techniques or an introductory course on getting started.
39. EdX – There are over 2000 courses available through this website, and the best thing about them is that every one of them is free. You can learn from courses that actually come from some of the top institutions around the world.
40. Code Academy – There’s a reason that this website is one of the most popular for learning coding, and you’re going to love checking it out for yourself. They have a range of free resources, and you’ll be able to check out the language that you want to learn as well.
41. Learn Code the Hard Way – This is actually a show and a series of lessons that teach you how to code over the span of 30 days. You’ll have to put in some serious work to make it work, but you’re going to be able to do quite a bit with it by the time you’re done.
42. Google Code University – Google should know something about coding, and when you take a look at this, you’ll see that they definitely do. It offers you a whole lot of content in different formats and also gives you some tutorials.
43. Code HS – This website was actually designed to help high schools implement coding programs at their school. But you can use it to learn a lot as well. There are demos, paid courses, and hour of code programs as well.
44. Code Wars – If you’re interested in getting better at coding after you’ve got the basics down, this is a great place to go. You can practice your skills and show off a bit by getting involved with different challenges that are meant to test you.
45. Vidcode – This is actually a research-backed course that gives you information on computer science and even helps you through their hour of coding program. It’s available at different rates too so you can get just what you need.
The Best AP and SAT/ACT Test Study Websites
Taking AP tests or SAT/ACT tests is extremely important during your high school years, and you will want to know how to prepare yourself. This starts with understanding what’s on the tests, but it’s also essential to learn some tips and techniques, which these websites will help you with.
46. AP Study Notes – This website is entirely free and provides you with materials that you can use to pass any of your AP exams. It’s focused on chapter outlines and allows you to choose the subject that you need the most help with.
47. APPractice Exams – You’ll find a host of different tests, notes, videos, questions, and study guides available here. What’s even better is that everything on this website is free, so you can get as much help as you need in studying for your tests.
48. Princeton Review – You can get help studying for just about any test that you need to take through your high school career by checking out this website. It’s one of the best that you’re going to find anywhere, and it’s going to give you a whole lot of information to improve our scores.
49. Magoosh – You’ll have to pay for this website, but you’re going to have a whole lot of information to use, and you can access it for different tests. If you’re taking the ACT or SAT or if you’re taking any number of other high-level exams, you can find study materials, practice questions, and more available here.
50. Albert – This website is designed to give you access to study materials for different AP exams. You’ll be able to sign up for an account and then access personalized learning information to help you specifically get ready for the test.
51. Number2 – This is a free service that helps you get ready for any test. You can also use the tutorials, create customized courses, and a whole lot more. And because it’s free, you can use it for any test you might need to take.
52. Kaplan Test Prep – This is another popular test prep system that will give you some of the best information in a variety of ways. You can study for just about any test, and you can access courses, practice tests, and even tutoring to get you there.
53. Prep Factory – You’ll get hours’ worth of instruction on your SAT and ACT from this website. And all of the information that you’re getting is actually coming directly from teachers throughout the country. Plus, it’s all 100% free.
The Best Online Course Websites for High School Students
Taking classes online can be a great way to get additional training while you’re in high school. You can learn more about different subjects, get certified with different areas, and more. You’ll also be able to get a different take on some of the subjects you’re already learning by going about them in a new way with this list of educational websites.
54. Coursera.org – Looking for some free online learning? Well, then you’re going to want to check out Coursera because it gives you access to a large number of courses on just about anything you might want to learn. If you want to upgrade content, you can also check out paid options.
55. Udacity – Want to learn about different tech subjects? Then you’re absolutely going to want to check out this website that’s going to teach you a little bit of everything. You’ll be able to find subjects in programming, data science, AI, coding, and more.
56. MIT Lectures – MIT is one of the best schools anywhere, and you’re going to find a whole lot of great courses if you check out their website. This page, which offers plenty of lectures on a range of different topics, is going to prepare you in entirely new ways.
57. Open Course Ware Finder – This is another website that’s run by MIT, and it provides you with a whole lot of information that’s entirely free. It actually scours a lot of different sources to provide you with information all in one place, so you don’t have to worry about it.
58. Ureddit – Take classes on just about anything you might want to know through Reddit. You might be surprised at just how much you can learn and what types of content people are adding to this website.
59. Open Study – If you’re interested in getting and giving assistance to your fellow students, then this is a great place to do just that. It’s a website that allows you to ask questions and answer questions along with other students in the same class as you.
60. Academic Earth – Use this website to take courses that come directly from different universities and colleges throughout the country. You can listen to lectures, watch videos, and a whole lot more, from the top schools around.
61. University of the People – This is actually an accredited university, and it’s entirely tuition-free. You can take courses, check out different programs, and pursue a degree and all you have to pay are a few fees.
The Best Video-Based Learning-Educational Websites for High School Students
Many people learn better through video-based learning than they do from lectures and even plain audio. If you’re the type, who learns better in video or by watching someone perform a task, you’re going to want to look into these websites. They’re going to help you with just about any subject as well.
62. LinkedIn Learning – Use this website to take all kinds of great courses. You’ll need to pay for them, but you’re going to have access to a range of different options that will help you develop skills you can use in the future as you’re looking for a career.
63. Crash Course – Use this YouTube channel to learn more about different topics and do it in a quick and easy way. You don’t need to spend a lot of time trying to learn new subjects. You can do it in a crash course.
64. Alison – This website gives you free content, courses, and educational information that you can use to even get diplomas and certificates. You’ll be able to learn about a range of different topics, and you can get through all of them entirely free. There’s no need to pay for education.
65. Watch Know Learn – These videos are completely free, and they’re about a range of different topics, including all your normal school subjects. You’re going to have no problem learning about various events and developing your skills to do better in school.
66. Amazon Education – Amazon has plenty of resources when it comes to learning new subjects and getting an even better understanding of just about anything. If you have trouble with anything about your education, you can absolutely check out this website to find out what you should be doing next.
67. Big Think – Use this website to collaborate with others on topics that are most important to the world as we know it today. You’ll be able to talk with students, teachers, and more about some of the top topics, and you’ll be able to check out the newsletter, videos, and challenges while you’re at it.
The Best Lifehacks Websites for High School Students
These lifehacks are designed to help you learn some additional skills that will help you in other areas of your life besides your traditional education. This might be helping with habit tracking, budgeting, finance, or building new habits. Each website will help you in different ways to make sure you’re preparing for your own future.
68. Student Rate – If you’re looking for some discounts that are only for students, you’re going to be in just the right place here. This website offers you some great options on just about anything you might need or want. And you won’t have to pay full price for much of anything, ever again.
69. Sleepyti.me – This website and app are actually designed to help you figure out just how much sleep you need in order to wake up feeling your absolute best. All you have to do is put in what time you’re planning to fall asleep, and it will tell you the best time to get up to get full circadian rhythms.
70. Habitica – Learn how to develop new and better habits in your life by using this website to help you. It actually turns the habits you want to create into a sort of game so that you can enjoy the process of improving yourself and building new skills.
71. Todoist – Create your own to-do lists right here and manage your home life and your school life a little bit better. You can create different lists, and you’ll be able to organize it all so that you can actually achieve the goals that you set for yourself. There are even free plans available if you want.
72. Dropbox – You can use this website to store all of your information so that it’s accessible whenever you need it. You can upload documents from your laptop or home computer and access them from anywhere. You won’t have to worry about forgetting your computer at home or an unexpected crash.
73. Mint – Keep track of your finances and all of your budgeting needs with this system. You’ll be able to put in all of their information that you have, and then you’ll be able to budget for yourself so that you don’t run out of money, and you don’t end up with less than you need for expenses.
74. Lifehacker.co.uk – This is actually an app that you can use to learn different skills and techniques that are going to help you throughout your school time as well as throughout your life. This system is going to make it super simple for you to see where you’re not doing as well as you could be, and you can get new tips and tricks to help.
75. Keep Me Out – Having trouble keeping yourself from going to specific websites when you shouldn’t be? Well, then you’re going to want to take a closer look at this website and app that will help you. It’s designed to set up a lockout. That way, you don’t have to worry about having the self-discipline to stay away from those addicting sites.
Wrapping Things Up: What to Do With These Top Educational Websites
If you’re entering into high school or if you’re getting close to the end of your high school days, hopefully, these websites will help you along. Whether you need to learn life skills or you’re looking for specific classes, you can use some or all of these websites to help you along. All you need to do is find websites like Khan Academy, Quizlet, and more that you like best and start from there. If you’re looking at what are the best sites for students, you’re on the right track.
Did you find this post helpful? Check out our other best education websites here: